Computer programming is one of the most lucrative career paths in the current age. In a world where technology is advancing rapidly, competent programmers are in high demand. The key is not just holding the title of computer programmer but having the necessary knowledge and skills to deliver what’s required. Competent computer programming experts enjoy up to six-figure gross salaries monthly. They also enjoy defining their working terms. The key requirement is competence and reliability.
Probably you’re wondering how one can become a competent and reliable computer programmer. In this article, I will share my experiences in the computer programming field for over five years and some of the best courses one can pursue to learn computer programming. I credit most of my knowledge and skills to my love and passion for computers. However, I also acknowledge the importance of pursuing a computer programming course in college or on campus. Some of these courses include a bachelor’s degree in the following fields.
- Bachelor of Science: Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science: Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science: Computer Technology
- Bachelor of Science: Computer Science and Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science: Computer Science and Forensics
- Bachelor of Science: Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Science: Blockchain Technology Management
Most of these are degrees but you can also pursue diplomas in the same field. The list goes on and on but the highlighted courses are among the best in the computer programming field. Some of the diplomas include:
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Computer Programming
- Diploma in Machine Learning and AI
With the increased popularity of online learning especially due to covid-19, there are numerous certificate courses one can pursue online related to computer programming. Contrary to degrees and diplomas which take a minimum of two years to complete, these certification programs take several months at most. I highly recommend taking these certifications because they are very educative. Some of these certification’s include:
- Certificate in Computer Programming.
- Certificate in Web Design and Development
- Certificate in Blockchain Technology
- Certificate in Software Development
- Certificate in Machine Learning
- Certificate in Artificial Intelligence
- Certificate in Data Structures and Algorithms
- Certificate in Computer Networking and Networks
However, there are some key things you need to know first. The most important thing is which aspect of computer programming you intend to pursue. This often relies on the type of skills you expect to gain or learn. For instance, if you intend to develop software, create websites and mobile applications you might want to consider computer science, information technology, software engineering, and computer technology. On the other hand, anyone seeking to venture into computer security should consider courses such as computer science and forensics.